Tuesday 17 January 2012

wikipedia blackout

  • Question:-POLL: Yes or No: Did you know Wikipedia is going to blackout on the 18th?
    as a form of protest to SOPA & PIPA

    Answer:-its a shame cause they never were able to build up any amount of credibility in the field of higher education
  • Question:-Could this blackout have been caused by Russian hackers who took control of the electric grid?
    ==

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Blackout_of_2003

    ==

    Answer:-Actually, alot of "closed" or "internal" networks have some sort of internet access. It is possible.
  • Question:-Do you think the SOPA/PIPA Bills will be passed?
    With all the Wikipedia blackout and other sites doing the same I really hope it wont be passed. Even though I'm not in the US (Or is it for all countries?) I wouldn't want it to happen.

    Opinions?

    Answer:-
  • Question:-How serious are infrequent heart palpitations, the most recent followed by a near blackout?
    I've had a few occurrences of heart palpitations (heart racing), but they are very infrequent. I've had them a couple of times while laying down resting, but I think I've only had that happen 2 or 3 times. Anyway, today I was at a birthday party where I was standing most of the time. At one point I felt my heart start to race and then things started going black. I was leaning against a wall, and tried to focus on taking deep breaths. After a couple of seconds I got my vision back, but I was seeing spots... and then a few seconds later I was fine. The other moms that I was talking to didn't even notice (I don't think). I was mostly thinking, "Don't fall down. Don't fall down." Because that would have been really embarrassing. Basically I'm wondering how serious this is? I'm an overweight 26 year-old non-smoking female with no other health problems. I used to drink a ton of diet soda, but I've recently cut back and now have maybe 1-2 caffeinated drinks per week. BUT today I happened to have TWO. I know caffeine can be a factor with heart palpitations.

    Wikipedia says, "Actual blackouts or near blackouts, associated with palpitations, should be taken seriously because they often indicate the presence of important underlying heart disease."

    Should I do something? I don't have health insurance. Or should I just avoid caffeine and eat as healthy as possible?

    Answer:-Syncope is the term for 'fainting'. What you experienced is near syncope and it is a serious concern. Indeed the most common cause of sudden death in young people is a heart rhythm disturbance. That is why many schools, colleges, airports, and airplanes now have automatic electro defibrillators. The heart rate is an electrophysiologic phenomenon. Some people have heart muscle fibers that are 'irritable' or 'excitable'. If these are triggered the electric impulse passing through the heart your heart rate may immediately accelerate to 200 beats per minute or even more. This is referred to as a reentrant tachycardia. Reentrant tachycardias may occur in people whether or not they have palpitations. When the heart beats that fast there is not time for it to fill with blood so that the heart is not really pumping an adequate amount of blood to maintain your blood pressure. Weakness, lightheadedness, dizziness, and syncope may result. A near syncopal episode always requires evaluation by a physician to determine whether or not you are at risk for sudden death. I would take this very seriously until your physician has determined otherwise. Caffeine is not likely to be an issue here. I very much like wikepedia and I am a contributing writer. If you need additional information please contact me at johnerussomd@jhu.edu. I wish you the very best of health and may God Bless.
  • Question:-What will be Britney`s 3rd single from BLACKOUT?
    SOME OF SITES SAY "RADAR", SOME SAY "BREAK THE ICE," BUT WIKIPEDIA`S STATEMENT THAT 3RD SINGLE WILL BE "HOT AS ICE""..I THINK THAT`S BRITNEY`S WORST SONG EVER!AND IF IT`S GONNA BE THIRD SINGLE, I`M NOT GONNA WATCH THE MUSIC VIDEO!
    SO...
    WHAT WILL BE????

    Answer:-actually its "HOT as ICE" she already begun rehearsing some moves for the video...

    i guess hot as ice is one of the best song of the album..i mean , with the beat??o god... its freakin hot....HOT as ICe!!
  • Question:-What happens if a state pulls their plants out of their regional power grid abruptly;are grids more stable now?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Blackout_of_2003
    Blackouts of the whole western one third of the nation - not just CA.

    Answer:-Supply of power diminishes, the possibility that you can't meet demand becomes real. It would lead to blackouts.
  • Question:-Halo: Ghost of Blackout search. Real or Fake?
    I swear that I saw one with my friends yesterday on Halo 3. Today I didn't see any but I'm going to search for it with my friends again tomorrow. The Ghost is a shadow of a Spartan. On Saturday I might have a large group of people on Halo 3 to search for it and slay it for good. When he killed one of my friends yesterday it said "___ Got Killed by The Guardians". Anyone think this Ghost is on every map because Wikipedia said so.

    Answer:-I guess it's real. look at this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3STQ0VRH_es
  • Question:-So what's the deal with this?
    http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/English_Wikipedia_anti-SOPA_blackout

    Would these laws, if passed, affect P2P programs like eMule or uTorrents or other P2P websites and programs?
    I actually live in the United States.

    Answer:-
  • Question:-Should I have a UPS on my home computer?
    OK - We've had a UPS on our home computer for almost 10 years... a couple of years back, we had to replace the battery. Well, the battery is dying again...

    Should we have a UPS on our home computer?
    We rarely see blackouts, but do get brownouts occasionally...

    Also - Should we replace the battery of the UPS again, or is it time to replace the whole thing?

    Thanks!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply

    Answer:-Murphy's law says that if you don't keep the UPS on your computer you will have a blackout at the worst time.

    PS if it is 10 y/o you should get new one as components are aging and they are cheaper today.
  • Question:-Britney is Going On Tour?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blackout_Tour
    do u think she could ever be th same know that she is finnally getting help from her dad and she is visting the docters every know and then ?

    here is a recent picture of her now going too a dance studio training for her new video break the ice

    http://www.britneyfans.org/pictures/displayimage.php?pos=-10070

    Answer:-of course!
    mariah made a come back!

    so will micheal
    and so will whitney!

    why not britney spaers!

No comments:

Post a Comment