Saturday 21 January 2012

marist

  • Question:-How does Marist notify you about acceptance?
    I just applied Early Decision to Marist College and their notification date says December 15. Does that mean that I will get a letter on the 15th or are they gonna mail it and I get it a few days later? Also, do they notify you by email? Can I request to be notified by email?
    Thanks and serious answers please :)

    Answer:-Hey, I applied to Marist a couple of years ago, and with them (and the other schools I applied to) it really depended on the school. I think Marist sent letters out on March 15th because I found out a few days afterwards. It might be a little different though since you're early decision and they know you're really interested :-)

    Good luck! Marist was my first choice too!
  • Question:-How is the Social life at Marist College?
    I just recently visited marist and i was amazed by the beautiful campus and the awesome buildings. i completely fell inlove with the school, but i didnt see any signs of a fun social life. i guess my main question is, how is the party scene at marist? i am def considering attending marist i am just worried the party scene is non existent. if anyone knows anything about the party scene at marist please give me your honest input. thanks!

    Answer:-Well they are not going to walk around with 40's in a brown bag! ...there's a party scene, got to wait till the sun goes down :P
  • Question:-How much is cab fare from Poughkeepsie, NY Amtrak to Marist College?
    Need to find out the taxi fare from the Amtrak station to Marist. Thanks in advance.

    Answer:-Your best bet is to call a couple of taxi companies and ask. The link below on the MTA web site has phone numbers.

    It's only a mile, so it's not out of the question to walk if you don't have luggage.
  • Question:-When will I hear back from Marist College?
    I applied to Marist College with Early Decision and their site says the letters will be mailed out no later than December 15, 2009. I live an hour away from the college. When do you think I'll hear back?

    Answer:-Most colleges tell you by April 1st. I'm not sure how "early decision" works though. It's probably different at different colleges. Good luck. If I had to guess, I would guess January, or at latest February. They still need to process everything, after all.
  • Question:-What are my chances of getting into Marist College?
    I am currently ranked number one in my class with a 3.997 GPA. I am Vice President of Best Buddies, the Business Editor for the Yearbook, and am involved in other clubs such as FBLA, HOPE Club (which is focused on volunteering), Spanish Club, Ski Club, National Honors Society, and participated in the Yale-New Haven Summer High School Program. I don't do a lot outside of school because I have to stay at home wiht my little brother. What do you think my chances are?

    Answer:-You're in, no problem.
    The average GPA is a 3.3 (though one website says 3.42 unweighted; 3.66 weighted)
    Average SAT 597 (M) 578 (CR) 606 (W)
    Average ACT 23

    I mean, if your SAT score is pretty good, like above a 1900, Marist is way below you, and you might want to think about applying to some more prestigious colleges, like NYU, Colgate, Hamilton, etc.
  • Question:-What are your opinions about Marist College?
    I am considering going to Marist. How is the college all around? The quality of education? Social life? Food? Campus?...any other input would be nice

    Answer:-never heard of it. go to a college people have heard of.
  • Question:-Do you believe the Marist's economic theory and predictions about capitalism is now correct?
    Karl Marx introduced his theory of capitalism and died before seeing his predictions pay off. World wide, economies are collapsing. Why do we keep going in a destructive path toward annihilation? Greed relies on capitalism, capitalism relies on consumers, consumers rely on jobs, jobs relies on capitalists, capitalists rely on cutting down employee expenses (jobs or pay), so aren't capitalists cutting their own throat?

    Answer:-Capitalism itself is not the problem, its those that exploit it like the greedy bankers and thugs on Wall Street. Marx believed that just as capitalism replaced feudalism, communism will in its turn replace capitalism and lead to a stateless, classless society.
  • Question:-How is the Marist College Fashion Design program?
    I just applied to the Fashion Design Program but i haven't really thought about the school much, and i'm waiting on my letter. Is it hard to get into?

    Answer:-Do you really want to study fashion at a place that is run by people who dress like this?

    See link below.
  • Question:-What Kinda Grades Do You Need To Get Into Marist High School?
    basically wat im tryin to say is can i get a's and b's and c's to get in im in eight grade going to graduate..and also do yhu need to join they programs to get in..lyke my frend missed school to go to that school before he goes..and sumtin call shadowing a person yhu know to go view the school..do yhu have to do all that.

    Answer:-Well, first off, you'll need to type better...this is hard to read. What colleges look for is above average grades, so like b's and a's, participation in lots of activities, so join clubs and sports and find a job when you can, or exceptional talent in some activity, like getting a letter on a varsity team. Then it all comes down to if they want you or not. If you have the above 3, you'll probably get in easily.
  • Question:-What is a better college choice, fairfield university, marist college, or uconn?
    Which is better?
    In academics and in reputation

    Answer:-Place the name of each school separately into your favorite search engine and then add the phrase reviews and ratings. Compare and contrast them.

No comments:

Post a Comment