Saturday 21 January 2012

palmetto

  • Question:-What time is palmetto bay skatepark least crowded?
    At what time is palmetto bay skatepark in palmetto bay florida least crowded. Give me a day times and when it is least crowded? =)

    Answer:-weekday mornings
  • Question:-How do you kill a palmetto bush/plant other than digging it up?
    We cleared a field for youth sports and every spring season I find another palmetto bush/plant coming up. I want to kill these things without digging up the good sod all around the new bush/plant each time.

    Answer:-I don't know where you live but this works in Texas. Spray diesel down the center of the plant. I use a regular insecticide type sprayer and put it as deep into the plant as I can. If the weather is hot it will pull out of the ground in a day or two. If it's cooler, will take longer. I learned this from a friend working on his property and it really works!

    My friend's property is a grass farm. As long as you put the diesel down in the center of the plant itself, it only reacts with the plant. You certainly wouldn't want to do this before it rains. Then you would have to worry about contamination. Just in case, you might check with your County Extension Agent like others suggested.
  • Question:-How can I lure a Cockroach/Palmetto bug out from under my couch?
    The palmetto bug ran under my couch and im having problems getting it out. I have a phobia of roaches so i get a freaked when I see them. Its hard to move the couch and im afraid to. What else could I do besides bug spray because I don't have any.

    Answer:-Try pushing a broom under the couch and move it back and forth with a little force. You will probably kill it or it will scurry out to get away from the broom. I would try and use enough force to kill it, because those suckers can fly.

    Good luck.
  • Question:-What can I apply to my newly planted Palmetto grass to keep it looking good and weed free?
    My whole back yard has beeb redone with Palmetto grass. I have a good sprinkler system. This was done about 3 weeks ago. It has caught on. What can I apply that will absolutely not hurt it, will fertilize it, give it color and nutrients?

    Answer:-Mushroom compost is extremely rich, moist & odor free. Spread it carefully over your new grass. You'll have a luscious lawn.
  • Question:-Can Saw Palmetto make you have a false positive pregnancy test?
    I have been taking saw palmetto for 3 days, and have had pregnancy symptoms for almost 2 months. I had a few negative tests, then today i had a positive at the doctor. Could the saw palmetto make me have a false positive?

    Answer:-I don't think so... and I don't know why people think that the doctor's pee tests are more reliable than one you'd take at home. It's all the same. The only difference I can think of would be that they know how to administer them properly (less chance of error) because of all the experience they have with that sort of thing.The more reliable one would be the blood test. I don't think that Saw Palmetto would make HCG appear in your system unless you were actually pregnant. Congratulations!
  • Question:-What is the difference between a cockroach and a palmetto bug?
    I am from the north, up there a roach is a little annoying pest, now that I am in GA there are "palmetto bugs" everywhere, on the buildings, in the street yuck.. so what is the difference?

    Answer:-The difference is usually about an inch and a half!! Here is some info on both of them
  • Question:-How do I kill the palmetto bug trapped in my office?
    I have a palmetto bug in my office. I taped up the door so I can sleep in my nearby bedroom without worry. But I need to get back in tomorrow and am terrified! Should I bug bomb it? Spray a bunch of raid and leave it until the next day? I do not want to engage this terrifying bug!

    Answer:-I KNOW they're disgusting!Get 2 good sized cups,and scoop into one,and cover it with the other...then bring it outside!EEEkkkk!
  • Question:-How do I get ready of Palmetto trees in my back yard?
    I live in Florida an my back yard is full of Palmetto trees. The roots are very big and hard I was wondering if there is an easy way to remove these trees.
    Oops, my mistake I am a silly goose.

    I meant get rid of Palmetto Trees.

    Answer:-I think you meant get rid of Palmetto trees.

    Its a lot of work. You have to chop them down. After that you have to dig out the roots. I have been taking out about 15 of my Palmetto trees.

    After that I need a drink, only my wife won't let me have one. Thats ok though, I just sneak a drink in the garage.
  • Question:-Getting rid of palmetto bugs?
    I've never seen the palmetto bugs as bad as they are this year. There's so many of them that they've come into the house by the dozen. Anyone have some helpful hints on getting rid of my disgusting houseguests? The dog and cat aren't interested in extermination work.

    Answer:-to treat for these outside roaches any general insecticide...concentrate around the perimeter of the house especially if there is an old flower bed with decaying mulch in it..make sure there isn't an old firewood stack next to the house or that there isn't a tree with a hollow spot near the home. For the inside hit the entry points, front back door thresholds and where the plumbing comes through the walls. With you calling them palmetto bugs I guess you are in Florida so you may not have a home on pier and beam foundation which may hide a water leak underneath, but do make sure the washing machine hose isn't leaking inside the wall giving them a home.
  • Question:-What is Saw Palmetto called in General. I found its a herb/fruit on one of the articles?
    Saw Palmetto - Found it is one of the herbs/fruits in a medical article. But could not find what exactly is it called in Common language and where can I get it from.

    Answer:-Its Saw Palmetto only

    Its botanical name is Sabal serrulata and has long been utilized by the Seminole Indians as a tonic to promote strength. The main constituents include glycerides, steroids, flavonoids, and volatile oil.

    It is suited to the individual who experiences a frequent urge to urinate at night, experiences difficulty passing urine, and senses a feeling of coldness in the sexual organs. It is sometimes also used in lower potencies for urinary incontinence in older men.

    Saw palmetto enhances the actions of other herbs - thus, it helps support the prostate gland's healthy hormone balance necessary for optimal sexual function.

    For more details check out the below mentioned pages to find out exact usage of Saw palmetto in herbal products.

No comments:

Post a Comment