Saturday 21 January 2012

sturgis

  • Question:-Sturgis!!!?
    i want to know, from your experience, where r the best places to go, campsites, drinking holes, siteseeing, etc...fill me in

    Answer:-it's over for this year. glenco is a good campground, plenty of shade trees , they keep the showers & outhouses clean, good food,just the right amount of nudity.& NO attitudes just 2 blocks from thunder road & the full throttle saloon, on the downside since they started the big concerts last year theres WAY too many motor homes & campers. as for ridding theres too many good rides to do them all in 1 week. after youve seen rushmore & devils tower & deadwood the first year then you start to enjoy going nowhere up in the canyons & back roads. never had a bad experience at glenco except for the weather, had a big wind & hailstorm in 93, blew a lot of tents up in the trees & left 3 in. hail on the ground for a few hours. just about froze every night in 04 sweated a lot in 06. take some long under wear along just in case, you can always throw it away if you dont need it. see ya next year.
  • Question:-How do you get from New York to sturgis sd using public transport?
    My son is coming to the states from europe in July, and needs to get to Sturgis

    Answer:-He can take a Greyhound bus from New York to either Rapid City, SD or Spearfish, SD. Sturgis is pretty much right between those two cities. I would think that the bus would have to go through Sturgis while going from Rapid City to Spearfish and I don't know if arrangements could be made with Greyhound to stop the bus to let him off. Getting picked back up might be a problem though. If he is going to the bike rally he might be able to take a bus or plane to Rapid City and there might be special buses set up to take people to Sturgis.

    Hope info helps.

    CH
  • Question:-What does the owner of the Full Throttle bar do after the rally in Sturgis?
    On the True tv channel they have a show on the Full Throttle Bar in the bike rally at Sturgis South Dakota. I was just wondering what the owner of the Full Throttle does after the rally ends. Does he own a full time bar in Sturgis? Or does he have other bars in the country? Just wondering, thanks.

    Answer:-Clean and repair for the next 364 days.
  • Question:-Would anyone who has been to the Sturgis Bike Rally recommend it to someone new to riding?
    I have the opportunity to go to the Sturgis Bike Rally in South Dakota this year with a few friends. If you have gone to the motorcycle rally would you reccomend going? What are your experiences? Money is getting tight for my wife and I due to some unexpected things and I wondering if I need to skip this trip? I have been planning, saving and preparing for this trip for 6-7 months. I would like to go but just need some TRUE and NO - BS experiences from being there. We do need to keep answers clean and nice as this is an open forum.

    Answer:-My husband has been and he would highly recommend it. However, if your money is tight this trip might not be for you. Hotels are extremely expensive - don't even think of staying in the Sturgis area. It may even be too late to get accomodations if you haven't already. Check the Sturgis Bike Rally websites. Best of luck!
  • Question:-What is traffic like in the Black Hills during Sturgis?
    It happens that myself and some friends will be in the Black HIlls while Sturgis is going on. I've heard horror stories. HOw bad is the traffic and what is the availbility of hotels? We're going to try to stay as far as possible away.

    Answer:-THE BLACK HILLS ARE VERY LARGE AREA. IF YOU DONT LIKE MOTORCYKLES STAY OUT OF THE STURGIS AREA. ITS NOT LIKE A HEAVY TRAFFIC JAM; BUT YES THERE WILL BE MANEY MOTORCYKLES AROUND MT. RUSMORE; DEADWOOD; WELL I GUESS I WONT LIE IF YOU DONT LIKE MOTORCYCLES
  • Question:-How many are going to Sturgis this year?
    I'm wondering how busy Sturgis will be this year. Is the recession going to keep the crowd lower than usual?

    Answer:-I will be in the Hills for the last few days of Rally Week. My trip will be shorter than usual because of the recession. I probably will not venture into Sturgis for more than half an hour or so.

    The crowds will probably be down, as they were last year, when I was able to ride the length of main Street without once having to stop for a bike in front of me. I only stopped at intersections with stop signs. If you have been there in a more typical year, you will know how remarkable this is.

    p.s. Although quite a few Harley owners trailer their bikes, most ride.
  • Question:-Is there a hard rock Cafe in Sturgis or Rapid city if so where?
    Rapid city and Sturgis. Is there a hard rock cafe there. If so what is the address.

    Answer:-Hey , um go to the hard rock cafe's online website , they have a list of all of their cafe's & you just enter your zip code & area in which you are looking for ! :)
  • Question:-where is a good place to stay for first time Sturgis Rally goers?
    I have about 4 of us guys that want to get a spot for Sturgis next year. I don't know where is a good place to stay? This would be the first time for all of us. I have heard that if you want to find a place to stay for next year you have to reserve a room anytime now.

    Answer:-Take a tent and camp-out just like everybody else does. Or go to hotels.com or a similar web-site and see what is closest. I went to Sturgis, it was great. But I didn't have to worry about a place to stay, my room-mate and I stayed with her aunt and uncle in Rapid City. It's like crazy crowded so whoever told you to book the room like now is right.

    Here, try this site: http://farechase.yahoo.com/hotelsearch/?cityname=Sturgis%2C+SD, or you could even use any of the travel sites, like Expedia or whatever. Or go to individual hotels web-sites, and see what they have in the area.
  • Question:-Is anyone coming to the Sturgis Rally this year? What are some of your best rally memories?
    I live in Hermosa SD. and the Sturgis motorcycle rally just started this weekend. I am going to see Velvet Revolver at the buffalo chip this year and just wanted to hear other people's storries from the rally. If you tell me yours I will tell you mine.

    Answer:-Glencoe and the Full Throttle always provides a lot of memories for me! I would be more interested in getting to know the girl who calls herself 'spunkylover'?!
  • Question:-does any one know name of company that took pics on poker runs during sturgis rally 08?
    I am trying to find the name of the company that took pictures on the side of the road during the Beartooth and the Sturgis Rallies.

    Answer:-Good luck. There were probably over 100 professional photographers alone. Add the fact that almost everyone else also had a camera and its like finding a needle in a haystack. Might try contacting some of the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment