Monday 16 January 2012

i have a dream speech

  • Question:-What are some alliterations, allusions, metaphors and similies in the martin luther king I have a dream speech?
    I am doing a project for English 3 on the Martin Luther King Jr. I Have A Dream speech. I need one alliteration, one allusion, one metaphor, and one simile from the speech.

    Answer:-alliteration:
    "With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together..."

    allusion:
    "This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, 'My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring.' "

    metaphors:
    "Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity."

    simile:
    "...we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream."
  • Question:-what is an example of a metaphor in the i have a dream speech?
    i am doing a worksheet for english and i have to find a metaphor in the "i have a dream speech" by Martin Luther King Jr.I'm pretty sure that my english teacher didn't give us the whole copy of the speech because shes a little slow. lol helpp please.!!! i'll take similes too.

    Answer:-My teacher said a metaphor could be the whirlwinds of revolt . Because they are comparing revolt to whirlwinds ? I think beacon light of hope and the hew out of tbe mountain of dispair a stone of hope. Cup of bitterness and hatred.

    Edit : until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream. Would be a simile
  • Question:-Topics for funny parody i have a dream speech?
    In AP lang we're supposed to give a speech parallel to the part of the "I have a Dream" speech that everyone knows. We are encouraged to be funny. I'd like your ideas, especially if you can think of something i say that's a topic thats like "Fix something that's already been fixed/ isn't a problem" or encourage my audience to Fix a small, relatively unimportant issue and, in the process of fixing it, do something that is drastically bad.

    Answer:-wow dillon way to procrastinate
  • Question:-What song did Bob Dylan play at the peace walk where Martin Luther King Jr. spoke the I Have a Dream Speech?
    What song did he sing?

    ..."On 28th August he sang at the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, the civil rights rally at which Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his famous 'I Have A Dream' speech."

    I just want to know what song he performed.


    Answer:-blowing in the wind:)
  • Question:-What is a good poem to use for an American Dream speech about not living for yourself/helping others?
    I'm doing a speech about not living for yourself. I have a poem in mind...The World and I by Laura Riding. I'm not sure if it fits, though. Are there any other poems I could use?

    Answer:-Corinthians is not a poem.

    Well, an American poet would probably be best so I recommend Googling the greats: Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, Robert Frost etc. Having read the Laura Riding poem, it's a great poem but I don't know if it totally fits the topic of helping others.

    If you wanted a helping others poem with a bit of a difference, may I suggest 'Shovelling Snow With Buddha' by Billy Collins? It's a little bit off the wall but a great poem -- plus, Billy Collins is one of the greatest living US poets and a former poet laureate. It'll be something a bit different to the norm, the old greats... there's a copy here:

    http://plagiarist.com/poetry/814/

    Hope that helps!
  • Question:-What was the importance of I have a dream speech in acheving equal rights?
    what did the speech have?
    what did mlk said and why he said it?
    Where there any vilonce when MLK said the speech?

    Answer:-It was really intended to be an eye-opening speech, and meant to bring people together for an obviously well deserved change, for the better. There wasn't any violence injected in his speech, because violence (even suggestions of) in that type of situation would deem counterproductive. His intentions were clear, and he was a great man for doing what he did, and standing up for what was right. If you apply it to any race who endures inequalities (as he addressed), it is a positive thing, and definitely a step in the right direction.
  • Question:-How does Martin Luther king's "I have a dream" speech, relate/differ to the American Dream?
    The American Dream being/ having : Success , Happiness , a family (stay at home mom , working father) everything is perfect.

    If you think there isn't an american dream obtainable, how does what is believed to be the" American Dream" differ or conflict with Martin Luther King's I have a dream speech?

    Answer:-The "American Dream" is basically materialistic/economic. Dr King's "dream" was that of racial equality, where people are "judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin".

    - .--
  • Question:-Ethos, Logos, And Pathos in the I Have A Dream speech?
    What are examples of pathos, ethos, and logos in Martin Luther King's I Have A Dream speech?

    Also, an example of two literary devices, call to action, and parallelism.

    Thanks!

    Answer:-Analysis of Martin Luther King's

    "I have a dream" speech.

    http://www.changingminds.org/analysis/i_have_a_dream.htm

    http://www.presentationhelper.co.uk/martin-luther-king-i-have-a-dream-speech.htm

    http://sixminutes.dlugan.com/2009/01/18/speech-analysis-dream-martin-luther-king/

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1613079/analysis_of_dr_martin_luther_kings.html?cat=4

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    Essays:

    http://www.slashdoc.com/tag/martin_luther_king.html

    http://www.scribd.com/doc/8857311/Analysis-of-Martin-Luther-King
  • Question:-What is a good Visual for a dream speech?
    I have a speech on Monday. Im doing it on dreams (interperetations and information). My professor requires us to have at least one visual. I cant think of a good visual that relates to dreams. (handouts, props)?? help!

    Answer:-You should show some pictures of art by Salvador Dali. A lot of his art was inspired by his dreams, according to himself. He referred to them as hand painted dream images. If you need something more scientific, you can find some graphs showing the five stages of sleep, and point out that we dream in REM sleep. A graph will show how we have REM sleep every 90 minutes, and that each REM cycle last longer the longer you sleep.

    Good luck on your speech!
  • Question:-What criteria should I use to formulate an essay about the Martin Luther King- I have a dream speech.?
    I need to write an essay about this speech, and I am somewhat stuck, because I am trying to make it interesting. Any help is appreciated.

    Answer:-I would investigate as to whether the candidacy of Barack Obama indicates whether Dr. King's dream has been fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment