Saturday 21 January 2012

supercross

  • Question:-supercross???????????????????
    wt supercross games r there on ps3 abart from mx vs atv or any orther motorbike games

    Answer:-There's Pure, which is a quadbike game and it's pretty good. You should check it out!!
  • Question:-What is the dirt they use when building the supercross tracks and motocross tracks?
    I need to know what specific type of dirt or clay is used when they build the supercross tracks and the motocross tracks.
    what about topsoil?

    Answer:-A clay based soil is used as if the soil is too soft once compacted down the jumps will just disappear with the bikes hitting them. So it has to be a heavily clay based soil.

    If the local soil is to soft then they have to have dirt transported in or the event would be a shambles and the jumps would not last very long.

    It is also the reason why you get so many different types of surfaces when racing mx as a track could be very hard or just plain sand. That is when tyre selection and suspension set up come into play.

    I guess it depends upon your interpretation of topsoil. If you intend a sx track then any soft soil will just be blown away as soon as a bike hits it and the track just won't last. Also putting topsoil over any clay base will have pretty much the same effect. An sx track has to be firm or it just won't hold up to the bikes on it. That is why you will notice any mx track you may ride that is sand based does not have a lot of jumps and a sand based track is better of being as natural as possible and letting the bikes form the track and any ruts and whoops. Sand tends to do its own thing.
  • Question:-Can bring a camcorder to the AMA Supercross?
    The AMA Supercross is in Seattle today. I want to record some footage, but don't know if they're going to let me in with my camcorder.

    Do I need to go with the digital camera instead?

    Answer:-They usually confiscate recorders as no one would buy the dvd at a later date if everyone was allowed to video it. I know I have not been allowed to take mine in when my son has been racing. Even photos are usually frowned on.
  • Question:-How is the veiw from the pits at an AMA Supercross event?
    I'm planning on going to At&t park on the 30th for the Supercross event, don't have much money so I was thinking about pit passes so I could maybe have the chance to meet & greet? Does anyone recommend it? whats your opinion?

    Answer:-Well, usually the pits are outside of the stadium. The pits are where the semi's that haul the dirt bikes park. You can usually walk around and the semi's will have canape's setup where you can see them working on the bikes/setting them up. Also, the riders will often sit at tables and sign autographs and stuff. Aside from that, usually you have to have separate tickets to get into the AT&T park and actually watch the race. You can find cheap tickets for $20 or so each online..
  • Question:-When will the dates for the 2010 US Open Supercross be released?
    The Supercross dates are out but the US Open in October hasn't been released yet that I can find. I am trying to plan a trip from Australia and need the exact dates before I book plane tickets.

    Answer:-They should be set in early to mid january.

    and for the one below me thats not for the open
  • Question:-How can i watch ama supercross in Australia?
    How can i watch ama Supercross in Australia?

    Without using youtube or the internet. Only on TV.
    Im asking because it is not shown on free to air tv in australia. :(

    Answer:-I would try a TV
  • Question:-What were some of the songs used in last nights indianapolis supercross?
    last night was the supercross, they had some really cool songs playing when introducing the racers.. where can I find those songs or does anyone know any of the songs that played while they were introducing the racers.. like josh hill and the rest of them THANKS

    Answer:-I'm searching for the same answers! LOL I'm pretty sure when Hill came out they played Savage "Swing". Not 100% sure if that was his song. Keep me posted on your progress, as I will do the same. Good Luck!
  • Question:-What are the pit parties like for Monster Energy Supercross?
    I'm going to the pit party for supercross on April thirtieth, at Rice Eccles stadium, and i was wondering if i need to buy hats and stuff to get autographs on, or if they provide them?

    Answer:-They do not provide you with anything.
  • Question:-Is it worth to go to a Supercross race in the rain?
    Well tommorrow theres a supercross race at Anaheim Angels Staduim. I never been to one of these races so i was wondering if its worth to go see them race in the rain or if not to wait untill next weekend when its dry? Let me know which would be better. Theres really heavy rain on its way, its has been raining for a few hours. So this is why im asking. It also says they race in rain or shine. But let me know if its worth going to thanks.

    Answer:-I went to a Supercross race near Denver once. It was amazing!! I would absolutely go if I had the chance like you do. Of course it all depends on how into racing you are. You might no want to go if you are just going for something to do but if you are a hard core mx rider it won't matter what the weather is.
  • Question:-How does AMA Professional Supercross Points System Work?
    Hey guys!

    I am an XTREME fan of Professional Supercross. Thus far, Chad Reed leads in "points".

    Does anyone know how the points system works? I know that to get 25 pts, you have to get 1st place in a Main Event, is there anything else?

    I've searched the internet to find a chart or system that I could read to determine how the points system works, can anyone shed some light on the subject?

    Answer:-The races leading up to the main event are usually qualifiers to get to the main event and the riders get to pick their peg positions from where they place in the heats.
    In the main event the points run
    1st-25points
    2-22
    3-20
    4-18
    5-16
    6-15
    7-14
    8-13
    9-12
    10-11
    11-10
    12-9
    13-8
    14-7
    15-6
    16-5
    17-4
    18-3
    19-2
    20-1
    If two riders are on the same points in the placings then it goes to the rider with the highest number of placings.

No comments:

Post a Comment